Oakville Dry Mouth, Post Radiation / Chemotherapy
When a person is suffering from Cancer, the treatments are often the cause of more pain and complications. One of the complications caused by radiation and chemotherapy in cancer patients is a dry mouth condition that in turn removes the valuable protection saliva grants our teeth.
Chemotherapy prevents the multiplication of fast growing cells, mainly targeting cancer cell growth. The problem is that other, healthy cells in the human body are affected as well, and oral tissue cells are among them. The mouth’s lining, including skin and gum tissue, is left with a dangerously reduced ability of restoring itself, which causes gum disease and other problems.
Radiation treatment causes more direct damage, breaking down oral tissue, salivary glands and even jaw bone tissue. It is by all accounts preferable to allowing cancer to spread, but this is no reason to suffer the damage when something can be done to reduce, or even prevent it.
It is our job and concern to help people undergoing those treatments to restore their oral health so that it is not further endangered. We are here to help you and prevent oral complications so that you can continue your cancer treatment and have a better quality of life.
Contact us today to find out we can help you deal with dry mouth and other symptoms!
Let’s hear you!
Our dental treatment programs
- Oakville Simple and Complicated Teeth Extractions
- Oakville TMJ and Chronic Facial Pain Treatment
- Oakville Laser Dentistry and Laser Gum Treatment
- Oakville Gum Recession and Sensitivity Treatment
- Oakville Dry Mouth, Post Radiation / Chemotherapy
- Oakville Crowns and Bridges
- Oakville CEREC Crowns
- Oakville Root Canals
- Oakville Dental Implants and Bone Regeneration
- Oakville Teeth Whitening, in Office or at Home
- Oakville Cosmetic Bonding and Veneers
- Oakville Same day Emergency and late evenings / weekends